My life experiences.

Friday, October 17, 2008

Currency Trading, Top Ramen and Vagabonding throughout the world!



Confused by the title? I am a bit too but lets roll with it. First off to explain I've been doing currency trading (much like stock trading, except very different) for about 6 month's which is extremly time consuming. Basically your buying one currency and betting that it will go up in relation to another currency for instance buying 100,000 Euro and betting that the exchange rate will go up against the dollar. Instead of boring you with more details, I'll just say that it is very research intensive and that the market can be extremly volitle (big swings). In my opinion Currency trading is poised to gain huge popularity in the coming years with the way other investments such as the stock market and housing market have dwindled. The currency market is much bigger in volume already and is traded aroung the globe 24 hours a day 6 days a week allowing for more flexability with your time structuring. The sites available to trade on are beoming increasingly user friendly as well. Sites such as forex.com and FXCM.com have great trading platforms complete with market research at the click of a button. I'm still a beginner but I'll keep you updated my my learning progress.

Now on to top ramen. Is there a better value in the world really? A decent meal for a quarter, I mean come on where else can you get that. Also try spicing it up with some garlic salt, pepper, onion salt, or even minced garlic if you have it.

In a world where gas is $4 a gallon and a Large Diet Coke (my addiction) is $1.96, I'll take my top ramen for a quarter any day. Cheese quesadillas are also wonderful and cheap. Throw in so Carlo Rossi and you have yourself a poor mans paradise.

Now to my thrid and final issue. I recently was informed of a book that was reccomended by another author I follow. I picked up Vagabonding By Rolf Potts and after the intro and first chapter I am throughly addicted to this book. Of course I'm trying to live frugally so I didn't buy the book, I'm reading it chapter by chapter everytime I visit Barnes and Noble. I know I know I'm a Cheapskate, but I actually enjoy reading there. The book preaches the message of a traveller (Rolf Potts) and his thoughts on preparing for an excursion into the unknown travelling through the world with no reservations, just a backpack and a dream. It also mentions real life considerations and how tying up loose ends before leaving is essiential (chapter I'm on). Anyways I can tell already, great book I highly recomend.

As a side not my fantasy football team aptly named 2 mannings 1 cup, is 5 and 1. Oh and doherty I'm gonna beat your ass this week.

More soon...

No comments: