My life experiences.

Monday, March 9, 2009

One Week in, I need to network!!!

Well I am a week into my 2 year plan and feeling pretty damn good to tell the truth. Down 7lbs this last week and falling by the day. Just got out of the gym hit my chest hard and got some cardio in so I'm feeling great. For all my future workout updates visit my Bodyspace blog at http://blog.bodybuilding.com/RickAGriffith, I'll be updating this 2 times a week at least and letting you know how my progress is going.

It hasn't been an easy week in alot of aspects of my life but things are looking good, they really are. I have a job opportunity at Edward Jones Investments that looks really good to me. They have a great company set up and I think i could be immensly succesful there so keep your fingers crossed for me.

So I'm not going to lie I've been blowing off networking events on a weekly basis and coming up with excuses to why I can't go like,"well it is a 1/2 mile walk". Bottom line is I gotta get out there and meet some new friends and business people. I dont do nearly enough of this and this is how connections are made and things are accomplished.

Heres the breakdown of what I did to move toward my 7 months goals this week

1. Lose 91 lbs- Worked out 5 of 7 days and pushed myself very hard while eating pretty well. Down 7lbs this week, 72 to go.
2. Run a 5K- Lost some weight and started increasing cariovascular health should be running by late april.
3. Grow my business to a $2,000.00 mo profit margin- Got some great ideas and designs for our own brand of jeans custom made for each customer.
4. Read the bible study it and go to church- Whoops, I gotta do this next week better
5. Learn to speak spanish fluently- I went to El Pariso does this count? I gotta get rosetta stone.
6. Make a lifelong friend- Met a very nice guy named Onur who is helping me make my business ideas come to life.
7. Donate or Raise $500.00 for charity- Raised around $900.00 over the phone cold calling for Breast Cancer Prevention.

So far so good...

No comments: